- A place where waste or garbage is left; a ground or place for
- Verb, dumping ashes, refuse, etc.
- A toxic waste .
- A car or boat for dumping refuse, etc.
- That which is
- Verb, dumped, especially in a chaotic way; a mess.
- (computing) An act of
- Verb, dumping, or its result.
(obsolete) (Australia) A small coin made by punching a hole in a larger coin.
- The new XML is coming soon.
- A storage place for supplies, especially military.
- An unpleasant, dirty or disreputable place.
- (vulgar) An act of defecation.
- To take a .
- A dull, gloomy state of the mind; sadness; melancholy; low spirits; despondency; ill humor (usually plural).
- March slowly on in solemn . --Hudibras.
- Doleful dumps the mind oppress. --(Shak.)
- I was musing in the midst of my dumps. --Bunyan.
- Absence of mind; revery.
- (mining) A pile of ore or rock.
- (obsolete) A melancholy strain or tune in music; any tune.
- Tune a deploring .
- Play me some merry . --(Shak.)
- (obsolete) An old kind of dance.
- (transitive) To release, especially in large quantities and chaotic manner.
- (transitive) To discard; to get rid of something one does not want anymore.
- (transitive) (computing) To copy data from a system to another place or system, usually in order to archive it.
- (transitive) (informal) To end a relationship with.
- (transitive) To knock heavily; to stump.
- (transitive) To put or throw down with more or less of violence; hence, to unload from a cart by tilting it; as, to dump sand, coal, etc.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dump for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dump