- (transitive) To render dull; to remove or blunt an edge or something that was sharp.
- Years of misuse have dulled the tools.
- (transitive) To soften, moderate or blunt.
- He drinks to the pain.
- (intransitive) To lose a sharp edge; to become dull.
- A razor will with use.
- Lacking the ability to cut easily; not sharp.
- All these knives are .
- Boring; not exciting or interesting.
- He sat through the lecture and barely stayed awake.
- When does having a personality ever get you a girlfriend? Even if you get one, how does being help you keep a relationship for over a year?
- Not shiny; having a matte finish or no particular luster.
- Choose a dull finish to hide fingerprints.
- Not bright or intelligent.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dull for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dull