verb (dries, drying, dried)
- (intransitive) To become dry.
- (transitive) To make dry. (e.g., your eyes)
adjective (drier, driest or dryest)
- Devin dried her eyes with a handkerchief.
- free, Free from liquid or moisture.
- Could you hand me a towel?
- My throat feels itchy and .
- Cover the chicken as it bakes or it'll get too .
- (chemistry) Free of water in any state; anhydrous
- Dry alcohol is 200 proof.
- Maintaining temperance; void or abstinent from alcoholic beverages.
- A former alcoholic, he's been for almost a year now.
- You'll have to drive out of this county to find any liquor.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dry for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dry