- Any hollow, cylindrical object.
- In particular, a percussive instrument spanned with a thin covering on at least one end for strike, striking, forming an acoustic chamber, affecting what materials are used to make it.
- In particular, a barrel or large cylindrical container for liquid transport and storage.
verb (drum, m, ed)
- The restaurant ordered ketchup in 50-gallon drums.
- (intransitive) (music) To beat a drum.
- (intransitive) To knock successively and playfully.
- Drumming one"s fingers on a table is often an expression of impatience or annoyance.
- (transitive) To drill or review in an attempt to establish memorization.
- He"s still trying to Spanish verb conjugations into my head.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for drum for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of drum