- imagination, Imaginary events seen in the mind while sleeping.
verb (dreams, dreaming, dreamt or dreamed)
- Connie was overloaded with chores, so she would always that she was a robot programmed to serve her parents.
- A hope or wish.
- Alternate realities created by our subconscious from different parts of our mind that can range from our hopes and fears, to a life-like scenario
- (intransitive) To see imaginary events in one's mind while sleeping.
- (intransitive) To hope, to wish.
- (intransitive) To daydream.
Etymology: Exact origin unknown; probably related to Old English dreamOld English, drÄam.
- Stop dreaming and get back to work.
- (transitive) to create an imaginary experience (usually when asleep)
- I dreamt a vivid dream last night.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dream for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dream