- A vessel such as a plate for holding or serving food, often flat with a depressed region in the middle.
- The contents of such a vessel.
verb (dish, es)
- a of stew
- A specific type of prepared food.
- a vegetable
- this is filling and easily made
- (in plural) Tableware (including cutlery, etc, as well as crockery) that is to be or is being washed after being used to prepare, serve and eat a meal.
- It's your turn to wash the dishes.
- (slang) A sexually attractive woman.
- (context, UK, slang) A sexually attractive person of either sex.
Etymology: discOld English, disc < West (Ger.)
- To gossip; to relay information about the personal situation of another.
- disk(s) < discus. Cognate with Dutch disch "table", German Tisch "table".
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for dish for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of dish