verb (disguis, ing)
- Clothing people put on in order to hide their identity.
- The appearance of something on the outside which masks what's beneath.
- To change the appearance of something so as to hide identity.
- To prevent giving away or revealing something secret.
Etymology: Middle English disgisen, disguisen, borrowed from Old French desguiser, derived from des- "dis-", from Latin dis-, and guise "guise", from a Germanic source.
- He disguised his true intentions.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for disguise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of disguise