verb (disciplin, ing)
- controlled behaviour; self-control
- enforced compliance or control
- a systematic method of obtaining obedience
- a state of order based on submission to authority
- punishment intended to train
- a set of rules regulating behaviour
- a specific branch or knowledge or learning
- flagellation as a means of obtaining sexual gratification
- a category in which a certain sport belongs, or a sub-category of said sport.
- (transitive) To train someone by instruction and practice.
- (transitive) To teach someone to obey authority.
- (transitive) To punish someone in order to gain control.
- (transitive) To impose order on someone.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for discipline for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of discipline