noun (countable and uncountable; plural details)
- (countable) Something small enough to escape casual notice.
- Note this fine detail in the lower left corner.
- We missed several important details in the contract.
- (uncountable) A profusion of details.
- This etching is full of fine detail
- Something considered trivial enough to ignore.
- I don't concern myself with the details of accounting
- (plural details) A person's name, address and other personal information.
- The arresting officer asked the suspect for his details.
- (military) a temporary unit
- (transitive) to explain in detail
- I'll detail the exact procedure to you later.
- (transitive) (US (?)) to clean carefully (particularly a car)
- We need to have the minivan detailed.
- (transitive)(military) to assign to a particular task
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for detail for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of detail