noun (wikipedia, demand, demand (desire))
- The desire to purchase goods and services.
- Prices usually go up when exceeds supply.
- A need.
- There is a for voluntary health workers in the poorer parts of Africa and Asia.
- A claim for something.
- Modern society is responding to women's demands for equality.
- A requirement.
- His job makes many demands on his time.
- An urgent request.
- She couldn't ignore the newborn baby's demands for attention.
- An order.
- (electric) the measure of the maximum power load of a utility's customer over a short period of time; the power load integrated over a specified time interval.
- To request forcefully.
Etymology: From demander.
- I to see the manager.
- To claim a right to something.
- The bank is demanding the mortgage payment.
- To ask forcefully for information.
- I an immediate explanation.
- To require of someone.
- This job demands a lot of patience.
- To issue a summons to court.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for demand for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of demand