- A great flood or rain.
verb (deluges, deluging, deluged)
- The continued for hours, drenching the land and slowing traffic to a halt.
- An overwhelming amount of something.
- The rock concert was a of sound.
- The Deluge: The Biblical flood during the time of Noah.
- (transitive) To flood with water.
- (transitive) To overwhelm.
- After the announcement, they were deluged with requests for more information.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for deluge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of deluge