Etymology: From delicacie < delicat< delicatus
- the quality of being delicate.
- something appealing, usually a pleasing food, especially a choice dish of a certain culture suggesting rarity and refinement -a Chinese delicacy
- fineness or elegance of construction or appearance.
- frailty of health or fitness.
- refinement in taste or discrimination.
- tact and propriety; the need for such tact.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for delicacy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of delicacy