- (geometry) A unit of measurement of angle equal to 1/360 of a circle's circumference.
- (physics) A unit of measurement of temperature on any of several scales, such as Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Any of various units used to express specific gravity, bitterness, darkness, etc. in manufacturing various commodities.
- The amount that an entity possesses a certain property; proportion or extent.
Etymology: From degre (French: degré)
- To what degree do the two accounts of the accident concur?
- An award (generally superior to a diploma but inferior to a doctorate) bestowed by a university or, in some countries, a college, as an indication of academic achievement or occasionally bestowed to honor its recipient.
- (graph theory) The number of edge, edges that a vertex takes part in.
- (mathematics) The sum of the exponents of a term; or, in the context of a polynomial, the highest degree of all its terms.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for degree for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of degree