- (context, zoology) a ruminant mammal with antlers and hoof, hooves of the family Cervidae or one of several similar animals from related families of the order Artiodactyla
Etymology: Old English deor, dÄor, from Germanic
- I wrecked my car after a ran across the road.
- The meat of such an animal
- deuzom, from Indo-European
- dheusom. Cognate with Dutch dier, German Tier, Swedish djur; and with Lithuanian dvÄsti, Russian ÑÑ.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for deer for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of deer