- that which is deducted; that which is subtracted or removed
- a sum that can be removed from tax calculations; something that is written off
- You might want to donate the old junk and just take the .
- a conclusion; that which is deduced, concluded or figured out
- He arrived at the that the butler didn't do it.
- the ability or skill to deduce or figure out; the power of reason
- Through his powers of , he realized that the plan would never work.
- (Logic)a. a process of reasoning that moves from the general to the specific, in which a conclusion follows necessarily from the premises presented, so that the conclusion cannot be false if the premises are true.
- b. a conclusion reached by this process
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for deduction for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of deduction