verb (declar, ing)
- (intransitive): To make a declaration.
- (intransitive): To announce one"s support, choice, opinion, etc.
- (intransitive), (cricket): For the captain of the batting side to announce the innings complete even though all batsman, batsmen have not been dismissed.
- (transitive): To announce something formally or officially.
- (transitive): To affirm or state something emphatically.
- (transitive), (cricket): To declare (an innings) closed.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for declare for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of declare