- A gentle bend, such as in a road.
- A simple figure containing no straight portions and no angles; a curved line.
- (analyticgeom) A continuous map from a one-dimensional space to a multidimensional space.
- (geometry) A one-dimensional figure of non-zero length; the graph of a continuous map from a one-dimensional space.
- (alggeom) An algebraic curve; a polynomial relation of the planar coordinates.
- (topology) A one-dimensional continuum.
- (informal, usually in plural curves) The attractive shape of a woman's body.
- (obsolete) Bent without angles; crooked; curved.
Etymology: From curvus.
- a curve line
- a curve surface
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for curve for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of curve