noun (curr, ies)
- Any dish, especially a stew made with various kinds of meat or seafood, flavored with curry powder.
- A sauce or relish whose principal flavoring is curry powder.
- curry powder, Curry powder
- Used attributively, cooked with curry.
verb (curries, currying, curried)
- 1990 Helen Willinsky - Jerk: Barbecue from Jamaica
- :Until recently, we usually fixed goat, another national dish, for large parties.
- 2006 Elka Paquette - Taboo
- :Mum replied, "Oh everything, fried jerk chicken, fried fish, rice and peas and the mutton's been cooking, from this morning.
- (context, Australian English) To give (someone) a bit of ; to rebuke, discipline, or criticize; harass.
- (transitive) To season with curry powder.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for curry for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of curry