- The part of a fluid that moves continuously in a certain direction.
- The time rate of flow of electric charge.
- :SI: ampere (A)
- :CGS: esu/second (esu/s)
- A tendency or a course of events.
- existing or occurring at the moment
Etymology: From curraunt < curant (French: courant) present participle of courre "to run" < currere "to run".
- generally accepted, used, practiced, or prevalent at the moment
- bills and coins
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for current for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of current