verb (culminat, ing)
- (intransitive) To reach the highest point; to build up to a climax.
- Their messy breakup culminated in a restraining order.
- http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/12/opinion/12tue1.html?ex=1158292800&en=baef3598e5784194&ei=5087%0A New York Times After that, paths diverge. Mr. Bush has been marking the fifth anniversary of Sept. 11 with a series of speeches about terrorism that culminated with his televised address last night.
- (intransitive) terminate; to end or finish, especially in a climactic manner
- The class will with a rigorous examination.
- (transitive) To bring to a conclusion, especially a decisive one.
- The obstacle course culminates in the vaunted Leap of Death.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for culminate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of culminate