- Being essential or decisive for determining the outcome or future of something; extremely important.
- The battle of Tali-Ihantala in 1944 is one of the moments in the history of Finland.
- A secure supply of crude oil is for any modern nation, let alone a superpower.
- (rfv-sense) (non-standard) critical, Critical (of or pertaining to a crisis).
Etymology: From (term, , instantia crucis, crossroads case).
- (archaic) cruciform, Cruciform or cruciate; cross-shaped.
- (context, slang, especially, Jamaican English) Term of approval, particularly when applied to reggae music.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for crucial for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of crucial