noun (plural: crazes)
verb (craz, ing)
- Craziness; insanity.
- A strong habitual desire or fancy; a crotchet.
- A temporary passion or infatuation, as for same new amusement, pursuit, or fashion; as, the bric-a-brac craze; the aesthetic craze.
- (archaic): To break into pieces; to crush; to grind to powder. See crase.
- To weaken; to impair; to render decrepit.
- To derange the intellect of; to render insane.
- To be crazed, or to act or appear as one that is crazed; to rave; to become insane.
- To crack, as the glazing of porcelain or pottery.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for craze for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of craze