- (uncountable) The bark of the cork oak, which is very light and porous and is very good for making bottle stoppers and insulation material.
- A bottle stopper made from this or any other material.
- It is hard to call it wine with a straight-face, when the is made of plastic.
- To seal or stop up, especially with a cork stopper.
- To leave the cork in a bottle after attempting to uncork it.
- (context, slang) To be quiet.
- He was so loud I told him to it.
- (context, baseball) To fill the center of a bat with cork.
- He corked his bat, which was discovered when it broke, causing a controversy.
- Made from, or consisting of, cork.
- Look at that statue.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cork for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cork