- (archaic) A ribbon normally worn diagonally across the chest as a decoration or insignia of rank etc.
- A line of people or things placed around an area to enclose or protect it.
- (Cricket) The arc of fielders on the off side, behind the batsman - the slips and gully.
- (botany) A woody plant, such as a fruit tree, pruned and trained to grow as a single stem on a support.
- (context, with "off") To form a around an area in order to prevent movement in or out.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cordon for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†Full Definition of cordon