noun (uncountable and countable. plural: copyrights)
- (uncountable) The right by law to be the entity which determines who may publish, copy and distribute a piece of writing, music, picture or other work of authorship.
- (countable) Such an exclusive right as it pertains to one or more specific works.
- (countable) The copyright symbol Â©, a circumscribed C.
- To place under a copyright.
- To obtain or secure a copyright for some literary or other artistic work.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for copyright for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of copyright