verb (communicat, ing)
- (transitive) To give information or knowledge of, make known.
- It is vital that I this information to you.
- (transitive) To give or transmit (a disease).
- (intransitive) To express or convey one's ideas to another either through verbal or nonverbal means.
- Many deaf people with sign language.
- To receive Holy Communion.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for communicate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of communicate