- An end of something.
verb (clos, ing)
- We owe them our thanks for bringing the project to a successful .
- To obstruct (an opening).
- To move (a door) so that it closes its opening.
adjective (clos, er)
- Close the door behind you when you leave.
- To put an end to.
- the session
- To make (a gap) smaller.
- The runner in second place is closing the gap on the leader.
- (surveying) To have a vector sum of 0; that is, to form a closed polygon.
- At a little distance; near.
- Is your house ?
- Intimate; well-loved.
- He is a friend.
- Of a corporation or other business entity, closely held.
- (context, Ireland, weather) hot, humid.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for close for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of close