verb (clarif, i, ed)
- To make clear or bright by freeing from feculent matter; to defecate; to fine; -- said of liquids, as wine or syrup.
Etymology: clarifier, from clarificare; clarus clear + facere to make.
- "Boiled and clarified." -Ure.
- To make clear; to free from obscurities; to brighten or illuminate.
- "To his reason, and to rectify his will." -South.
- (obsolete): To glorify.
- To grow or become clear or transparent; to become free from feculent impurities, as wine or other liquid under clarification.
- To grow clear or bright; to clear up.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for clarify for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of clarify