- A cut of meat, often containing a section of a rib.
verb (chops, chopping, chopped, chopped)
- I only like lamb chops when it is served with mint jelly.
- A blow with an axe, cleaver, or similar utensil.
- It should take just one good to fell the sapling.
- ocean, Ocean waves, generally caused by wind, distinguished from swell by being smaller and not lasting as long.
- (poker) The result of a tied poker hand
- (transitive) To cut into pieces with short, vigorous cutting motions.
- an onion
- (transitive) To sever with an axe or similar implement.
- Chop off his head.
- (transitive) To prepare marijuana so as to be smokable.
- (context, transitive, baseball) To hit the ball downward so that it takes a high bounce.
- (poker) To divide the pot (or tournament prize) between two or more players.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chop for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of chop