- (countable) An opportunity or possibility.
verb (chanc, ing)
- ''We have the
- (uncountable) Random occurrence; luck.
- Why leave it to when a few simple steps will secure the desired outcome?
- (countable) The probability of something happening.
- There is a 30% of rain tomorrow.
- To try or risk.
Etymology: From cheance < cadentia < cadentem.
- Shall we carry the umbrella, or it?
- To discover something by chance.
- He chanced upon a kindly stranger who showed him the way.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for chance for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of chance