- One who condemns or censors
- (historic) A Roman census administrator, also a judge of public behavior and morality
- An official responsible for the removal of objectionable or sensitive content
- (psychology) A hypothetical subconscious agency which filters unacceptable thought before it reaches the conscious
- (acronym) Censors Ensure No Secrets Over Radios
- (transitive) To review in order to remove objectionable content
Etymology: From Latin, cÄnsor 'magistrate, critic'
- The man responsible for censoring films has seen some things in his time.
- (transitive) To remove objectionable content
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for censor for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of censor