- A group, often named or numbered, to which items are assigned based on similarity or defined criteria.
Etymology: From catégorie, from categoria, "class of predicables", from ancient , "head of predicables".
- This steep and dangerous climb belongs to the most difficult .
- I wouldn't put this book in the same as the author's first novel.
- (mathematics) A collection of objects, together with a transitively closed collection of composable arrows between them, such that every object has an identity arrow.
- One well-known has sets as objects and functions as arrows.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for category for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of category