- A small flat case containing magnetic tape on two reels, used to record and play back audio and video material.
- Any similar small cartridge, such as for a computer disk.
- (photography) A lightproof container for photographic film.
- (genetics) A modular DNA sequence encoding one or more genes for a single biochemical function.
- (bicycle part) A set of sprockets mounted onto a splined shaft on the freehub.
Image:CassetteTypes1.jpg, audio cassettes
Image:Famicom ROM cassette.jpg, ROM cassette
Image:Tessina Film.jpg, film cassette
Image:SRAM cassette.jpg, bicycle cassette
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cassette for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cassette