- Any system by which time is divided into days, weeks, months, and years.
- We currently use the Gregorian .
- A means to determine the date consisting of a document containing dates and other temporal information.
- Write his birthday on the hanging on the wall.
- A list of planned events.
- The club has a busy this year.
- To set a date for a proceeding in court, usually done by a judge at a calendar call.
Etymology: From (term, calendier) from (term, calendarium, , account book), from (term, calendae, , the first day of the month), from (term, calare, , to announce solemnly, to call out (the sighting of the new moon)), from (proto, Indo-European, kel-).
- The judge agreed to a hearing for pretrial motions for the week of May 15, but did not agree to the trial itself on a specific date.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for calendar for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of calendar