- An edible plant (Brassica oleracea var. capitata) having a head of green leaf, leaves.
- (uncountable) The leaf, leaves of this plant eaten as a vegetable.
verb (cabbag, ing)
- Cabbage is good for you.
- (offensive) A person with severely reduced mental capacities due to brain damage.
- After the car crash, he became a cabbage.
- (uncountable, slang) Cloth or clippings cabbaged or purloined by one who cuts out garments.
- (uncountable, slang) Money
- (intransitive) To form a head like that the cabbage; as, to make lettuce cabbage.
- (intransitive) To purloin or embezzle, as the pieces of cloth remaining after cutting out a garment; to pilfer.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cabbage for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of cabbage