- A continuous, humming noise, as of bees; a confused murmur, as of general conversation in low tones, or of a general expression of surprise or approbation.
- A whisper; a report spread secretly or cautiously.
- The audible friction of voice consonants.
- A rush or feeling of energy or excitement.
verb (buzz, es)
- Still feeling the from the coffee, he pushed through the last of the homework.
Etymology: onomatopoetic, Onomatopoetic.
- To make a low, continuous, humming or sibilant sound, like that made by bees with their wings. Hence: To utter a murmuring sound; to speak with a low, humming voice.
- To sound forth by buzzing.
- To whisper; to communicate, as tales, in an under tone; to spread, as report, by whispers, or secretly.
- To talk to incessantly or confidentially in a low humming voice.
- (context, aviation) To fly very low over an airport or other location.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for buzz for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of buzz