- A knob or disc that is passed through a slit (buttonhole) in the adjacent material, serving as a fastener.
- April fastened the buttons of her overcoat to keep out the wind.
- A mechanical device meant to be pressed with a finger in order to open or close an electric circuit or to activate a mechanism.
- Pat pushed the marked "shred" on the blender.
- (computing) In computer software, an on-screen control that can be selected as an activator of an attached function.
- Click the that looks like a house to return to your browser's home page.
- A badge worn on clothes, fixed with a pin through the fabric.
- The politician wore a bright yellow with the slogan "Vote Smart" emblazoned on it.
- (botany) A bud.
- (slang) The clitoris.
- (curling) The center (bullseye) of the house.
- (fencing) The soft circular tip at the end of a foil.
- (poker) A plastic disk used to represent the person in last position in a poker game; also dealer's .
- (poker) The player who is last to act, who possesses the button.
- (transitive) To fasten with a button.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for button for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of button