- An excited activity; a stir.
verb (bustles, bustling, bustled)
- 1748. David Hume. Enquiries concerning the human understanding and concerning the principles of moral. London: Oxford University Press, 1973. Â§ 34.
- : we are, perhaps, all the while flattering our natural indolence, which, hating the of the world, and drudgery of business seeks a pretence of reason to give itself a full and uncontrolled indulgence
- (obsolete) A frame worn underneath a woman's skirt.
- A cover to protect and hide the back panel of a computer or other office machine.
- To move busily and energetically.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bustle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bustle