verb (bulls, bulling, bulled)
- The adult male of certain large mammals, such as whales, elephants and seals.
- In particular, the uncastrated adult male of domesticated cattle or oxen.
- A large, strong man.
- (finance) An investor who buys (commodities or securities) in anticipation of a rise in prices.
- (slang) A policeman.
- To force oneself (in a particur direction).
- He bulled his way in.
- To lie, to tell untruths.
- (British military) To polish boots to a high shine.
- Large and strong, like a bull.
- Of large mammals, male.
- a bull elephant
- (finance) Of a market in which prices are rising (compare bear)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bull for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bull