- Undyed leather from the skin of buffalo or similar animals.
- A tool, often one covered with buff leather, used for polishing.
- (colloquial) : a person who is very interested in a particular subject.
- He"s a history buff.
- (colour) A brownish yellow colour.
- <table><tr><td>buff colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- E3A857?" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- A military coat made of buff leather.
- (computer and video games) An effect that makes a gaming character stronger.
- To polish and make shiny.
- (computer and video games) To make a character stronger.
- The enchanter buffed the paladin to prepare him to fight the dragon.
Etymology: Middle English and French "buffe" meaning buffalo.
- (colour) Of the color of buff leather, a brownish yellow.
- (bodybuilding): Unusually muscular. (also buffed)
- (slang) attractive.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for buff for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of buff