- A stiff or coarse hair.
- The hair or straws that make up a brush, broom, or similar item.
- (slang) A humorous misspelling of Bristol, in imitation of the local dialect in the English city of that name,
verb (bristl, ing)
- Krek Waiter, Peak Bristle.
- :Correct Way to Speak Bristol.
- To be on one's guard or raise one's defenses; to react with fear, suspicion, or distance.
- The employees bristled at the prospect of working through the holidays.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bristle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bristle