- A branding iron.
- A mark of ownership made by burning, e.g. on cattle.
- (context, advertising) A name, symbol, logo, or other item used to distinguish a product or manufacturer from its competitors.
- Brands of breakfast cereal.
- (context, advertising) A product's attributes " name, appearance, reputation, and so on " taken collectively and abstractly.
- (transitive) To burn the flesh with a hot iron, either as a marker (for criminals, slaves etc.) or to cauterise a wound.
- When they caught him, he was branded and then locked up.
- (transitive) To mark (especially cattle) with a brand as proof of ownership.
- The ranch hands had to every new calf by lunchtime.
- (transitive) To make an indelible impression on the memory or senses.
- Her face is branded upon my memory.
- (transitive) To stigmatize, label (someone).
- He was branded a fool by everyone that heard his story.
- (transitive, marketing) To associate a product or service with a trademark or other name and related images.
- They branded the new detergent "Suds-O", with a nature scene inside a green O on the muted-colored recycled-cardboard box.
- (context, advertising) Associated with a particular product, service, or company.
- That computer company has recognition.
- Have we settled on our name?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for brand for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of brand