- A roughly hemispherical container used to hold, mix or present food, such as salad, fruit or soup, or other items.
- As much as is held by a bowl.
- You can't have any more soup - you've had three bowls already.
- The ball rolled by players in the game of lawn bowls.
- (also pudding bowl or bowl cut) A haircut in which straight hair is cut at an even height around the edges, forming a bowl shape.
- A round crater (or similar) in the ground.
- The action of bowling a ball.
- (in plural bowls but used with a singular verb) The game of lawn bowls.
- (American football) an important annual game, such as the Orange Bowl, the Rose Bowl, or the Superbowl
Etymology: Probably from the French boule, a ball.
- (transitive) To roll or throw (a ball) in the correct manner in cricket and similar games and sports.
- (intransitive) To throw the ball (in cricket and similar games and sports).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bowl for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bowl