- A container, typically made of glass and having a tapered neck, used for holding liquids.
verb (bottl, ing)
- Beer is often sold in bottles.
- The contents of such a container.
- I only drank a of beer.
- A container with a rubber nipple used for giving liquids to infants
- The baby wants a .
- (context, UK, informal) Nerve, courage.
- You don't have the to do that!
- He was going to ask her out, but he lost his when he saw her.
- (transitive) To seal (a liquid) into a bottle for later consumption.
- This plant bottles vast quantities of spring water every day.
- (context, transitive, UK) To feed (an infant) baby formula.
- Because of complications she can't breast feed her baby and so she bottles him.
- (context, UK, slang) To refrain from doing (something) at the last moment because of a sudden loss of courage.
- The rider bottled the big jump.
- (context, UK, slang) To strike (someone) with a bottle.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bottle for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bottle