adjective (wikipedia, bold, bold (typography))
- To make a selected portion of text have a typeface with thicker and heavier strokes.
- courageous, Courageous, daring.
- 2005, w:Plato, Plato, Sophist. Translation by Lesley Brown. w:Stephanus pagination, 239c.
- : It would be extraordinarily of me to give it a try after seeing what has happened to you.
- (context, of a typeface) having thicker strokes than the ordinary form of the typeface
- The last word of this sentence is .
- 1748. David Hume. Enquiries concerning the human understanding and concerning the principles of moral. London: Oxford University Press, 1973. Â§ 9.
- : even the boldest and most affirmative philosophy, that has ever attempted to impose its crude dictates and principles on mankind.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bold for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bold