- A relatively long, wide and thin piece of saw, sawn wood or similar material, usually intended for use in construction.
- The amount paid for meals and lodging.
- A device (eg, switchboard) containing electrical switches and other controls and designed to control lights, sound, telephone connections, etc.
- Short for e.g. blackboard, whiteboard, chessboard and surfboard.
- A committee that manages the business of an organization.
- (context, basketball, colloquial) A rebound.
- (nautical) The side of a ship.
- (nautical) The distance a sailing vessel runs between tacks when working to windward
- (context, ice hockey) The wall that surrounds an ice hockey rink, often in plural.
- To step or climb onto or otherwise enter a ship or aircraft.
- To provide someone with meals and lodging, usually in exchange for money.
- To receive meals and lodging in exchange for money.
- (nautical) To capture an enemy ship by going alongside and grappling her, then invading her with a boarding party
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for board for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of board