- A member of the LA gang w:Bloods, The Bloods.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Blood for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of Blood
- A vital liquid flowing in the bodies of many types of animals that usually conveys nutrients and oxygen. In vertebrates, it is colored red by hemoglobin, is conveyed by artery, arteries and veins, is pumped by the heart and is usually generated in bone marrow.
- A family relationship due to birth, such as that between siblings; contrasted with relationships due to marriage or adoption. (See blood relative, blood relation, by blood.)
- (context, medicine, countable) A blood test or blood sample.
Etymology: (term, blod, blÅd, lang=ang), (proto, Germanic, blodam), of uncertain origin. Cognate with Dutch (term, bloed, lang=nl), German (term, Blut, lang=de), Swedish (term, blod, lang=sv).
- To cause something to be covered with blood; to bloody.
- To initiate into warfare or a blood sport.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for blood for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of blood