- A piece of metal placed in a horse's mouth and connected to reins to direct the animal.
- A rotary cutting tool fitted to a drill, used to make holes.
- An eighth of a dollar. Note that there is no coin minted worth 12.5 cents.
- A quarter is two bits.
- (context, dated, UK) A coin of a specified value.
- A threepenny .
- A small piece of something.
- There were bits of paper all over the floor.
- A portion of something.
- I'd like a big of cake, please.
- (slang) A prison sentence.
- An excerpt of material from a stand-up comedian's repertoire.
- (simple past of, bite)
- Your dog me!
- To a small extent; in a small amount (usually with "a").
- That's a too sweet.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bit for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bit