- An offer at an auction.
- (context, ultimate frisbee) A (failed) attempt to receive or intercept a pass.
verb (bids, bidding, bade, bidden)
- Nice !
- (transitive) To issue a command; to tell.
- He bade me to come in.
- (transitive) To invite; to summon.
- She was bidden to the wedding.
- (transitive) To utter a greeting or salutation.
- We bade him farewell.
- 1999: "He walked up to the village of Wall and bade good morning to the guards on the gate." — Stardust, Neil Gaiman, page 15 (2001 Perennial Edition).
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for bid for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of bid