noun (pl=beef, pl2=beefs, pl3=beeves)
- (uncountable) The meat from a cow, bull or other bovine.
- I hate eating .
- (countable) Would be "a side of beef". A chunk, cut or piece not being the whole piece, cf ham.
- (context, archaic, countable, plural: beef or beeves) A generic term for a cow or bull.
- Do you want to raise beeves?
- (context, countable, plural: beefs)'' a complaint or disagreement
- He has a with anyone who tells him otherwise.
- (intransitive) To complain.
- (transitive) To add weight or strength to, usually as beef up.
Etymology: From boef (modern: bÅuf) "ox"; presumably from bos (ox).
- Since you stopped running, you are really beefing out.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for beef for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of beef